Instructions of How to Recover a Kitchen Stool Seat
- 1). Turn the stools over and find the screws underneath that secure the seat pad to the chair frame. Remove the screws and lift the seat pad off of the stool.
- 2). Slide the screw driver under the staples or pins that hold the old fabric in place. Pop the staples or pins from the fabric and remove the old fabric. Remove the old batting as well.
- 3). Spread out your fabric and batting. Trim both so they are four inches wider and longer than the seat pad. Set the seat pad face down on the fabric.
- 4). Fold one side of the fabric up and over the back of the seat pad. Hold firmly in place and staple with the staple gun. Pull the opposite side up and over. Smooth out in wrinkles and wrap the fabric tightly over the seat pad. Staple with a staple gun. Repeat on the other two sides. Cut any fabric that covers where the hardware has to go.
- 5). Screw the newly covered seat pad onto the stool.